organized life, reddit

You should also try and eat some brain food - and no, we don't mean crisps and energy drinks!. Hot. After attempting to organize my life with a day planner in the paper days, a palm pilot in the early 2000’s, and a blackberry/iPod touch in the later 2000’s, I’ve simplified things and found the best thing that works for me is a single large wall calendar and a bunch of sticky notes. If you do a good job at this, your subconscious will know that things are taken care of, and it can stop worrying about it. Robin LaRoux. I love making lists for myself, but I never follow through. Also Google Calendar, you can schedule your day to day activities and can sync it with your mobile devices. Either while developing a website with entertainment website design, or trying to set up an online store yourself using eCommerce templates, you’ll have tons of information chaotically gathered on your desktop. The solution, in a nutshell, is to spend one day making a list of all this stuff that is floating in your mind, and decide what to do with it. I like that idea - I've seen a few apps that have the same strategy, and I think I need to get on that. For spending I just have a couple of broad categories and track what I spend in each. Close. Another thing:Don't prevent yourself from eating food, instead focus on the positive side of it. In my case - Waking up was a problem. I have lists for everything and with so many lists it was getting out of hand! If required, keep a separated list for personal/professional tasks. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For cleaning, I do a room per day, so Sunday is Kitchen, Monday is bathroom, etc. I just started Xeffect a weekish ago, but things are going well and I'm already feeling better about myself. San Francisco, California, United States About Blog Reddit is a community of millions of users engaging in the creation of content and the sharing of conversation across tens of thousands of topics. 95% Upvoted. Also I make sure that at least one of the things on the list is a fun thing. It does not require about of extra writing that some find bothersome. Workout, take care of your body, you'll be able to take a bit of your favorite thing once or twice! r/ShinobiLife2: New subreddit after name change: r/Shindo_Life [A sub reddit created to talk about the roblox game Shinobi Life 2 created by Rell … 4,488 Dark Magic Society's Members | Los Angeles, USA. By Leo Babauta. Reading - Books. Play/Listen to Music - At least 3-4 times a week. Organize your tasks into projects and break down large tasks into subtasks until you get reasonably sized actions. Michael Rios. Anything.. Good books are food for mind. In fact, it has less because things that create stress have been slowly organized out. Organized people of reddit, what is the best tip you can give to someone chaotic, who does not have their life under control? :), Washing - Twice a week regular clothes; once a week curtains, pillow covers, covers and anything else. 43 comments. My routine is modest but I still find it challenging enough. How to Organize Wires. Another thing to note: I use a physical to do-list, which means I don't have to be online/connected to the internet to use it. Highly organized people have the mental strength to create solid, motivating core beliefs. How are you implementing that in your life though? Lucky Life Planner is one of the best planners to organize your life with. 2- Choose consciously to never do it. Posted by 9 months ago. I have a list for each day if the week, plus a list each for "inbox", "someday " and "fun". The concept is that all this things that you think you should be doing, or plan to do, or will eventually consider doing, create mental loops that consume your energy. card. Concur. Just list down things u struggle in. I get upset because I haven't found my perfect organizational solution to keep my life on track. They also send you a text message when there is a reminder, it's really useful for me because I'm so forgetful lol. Clean and simple drag-and-drop interface allows you to rearrange tasks within a plain list or organise them into a tree. Automatise habits, then you won't have to spend will power. Trello is an awesome project management tool that makes collaboration easy and, dare I say, even fun. Rosewest. Likewise I use pink markers to 'cross out' tasks I cancelled. Since you are sure it will not be lost, and you have made sure you will be reminded to check it at the right date, your subconscious knows that it can stop thinking about it. Do you have bins and drawers full of photos from years gone by? But one month ago I spent 4 hours during the afternoon of a planned “cleaning day” researching “how to love cleaning” because despite my habits, I am fully aware that I function best from an organized and settled home base. My organization also includes things like Google calendar, Google Drive, Goodreads, Out-of-Milk, budgeting tools, and so on. Life changer on my end... Great book. Archived. There are several different statuses that are all denoted by doing something with the circle in front of the task. For an example, if I have to do the laundry my tasks won't be 'Do the laundry'. Lists are always a part of my weekly spreads. Make a habit of doing this when you are full. Now, following through with my to-do list after I've made it is another conversation entirely. It’s a rare person among us who doesn’t feel the need to get more organized. The main method I use to organize my life, and one that I keep coming back to even if I try out something else for a change, is The Circle. I love your bucket list approach and will totally steal it. save. If you’re not yet a member of the Reddit community, click SIGN UP near the top-right corner to create an account now. Share this item on Reddit reddit Copy article link Copy link Nova Scotia RCMP have laid charges against two men in a federal investigation into organized crime in the province. BTW there is another really great comment on this thread on using Todoist, so I won't elaborate. Habitrpg is what I use to develop and keep up good habits. Smiles on their faces definitely make me feel good. I used to use Todoist, and love it for the repeating tasks. Fill up the circle halfway. https://www.youtube.com/user/evernoteluke/videos, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the getdisciplined community. If I have time Ill also try and make lunch for the following day. I think you can find some brief outlines of the system online. Here is the best way to organize photos in six simples steps. Done? Erin Doland is the founder of Uncluterrer.com, and in this book she shows readers how to achieve a stress-free life within a week by following her process of organizing and decluttering. Organized people of reddit, what is the best tip you can give to someone chaotic, who does not have their life under control? I use different tools to track different aspects of my life, but Todoist is the driving force behind my overall organization. Keep nurturing that bugger. The email you should reply to, the subject you intend to get information on and start learning, the travel that you still can't do now, but one day you will surely do. In this article, I'll show you how to effectively use OneNote to organize your life's information. Home base for people who are organised and for people who want to be organised. I spend so much time coming UP with a schedule, but never enforce it. (or deduct points, if it's a negative habit like buying junk food or yelling). Tier 2: The Worker Bee email: School or work. Fill up the budget sheet - Working on being little more frugal than current status. And then? Projects. Halfway done? No organisational idea works for everyone, but it is useful to see what works for other people so you can tweak their ways for your own use. Done? On my Food list, if I have "Buy groceries" repeat every Monday, I know this means to check my Out-of-Milk app for what I need. My inner neat-freak finds it irritating to have my thoughts scattered across so many different tools. Next week you will be able to assess the success of the steps taken and plan new ones etc. It makes it easier to see what I have done ad what needs to be done. At this point I assume you have evolved from an old school pen & notepad style of note taking. Ribbon twist ties are functional and pretty! Fill up the circle completely. via Agus Yornet. Fiction/Non-Fiction.. Organized by Rosewest. The brain doesn't include a good system for understanding when it is or when it isn't the right moment to bring something up, so some pieces of your mental energy will just split to keep on thinking of all these things, and bring them up not at the right moment, but at random (increasing the stress in your life, and further decreasing the chances you will actually be productive). From that, comes identity-based habits. Listing everything might be difficult. Help others attain self-discipline, by sharing what helps you. Genius idea from PinterestingStuff! 6 6. comments. No listing required. A little act of Kindness might change course of life for someone. Edit: I remembered this article about todo lists: http://blog.codinghorror.com/three-things/ just as an alternative viewpoint to the prevailing enthusiasm :) for my part I find them useful for things like shopping and work, but for good habits (like the gym) I find them less useful - they're more about getting into a good routine. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http://blog.codinghorror.com/three-things/. A new medical facility designed to exclusively treat COVID-19 patients with mild or moderate symptoms opened in Fuchu City, Tokyo. I evaluate daily which tasks are next. For actual stuff that has to be done, I use Trello. It is something too complex to do it right now (unlike sending an email), so you create a folder dedicated to the project like in the previous step, but this time, instead of setting a distant date to reconsider it, you set a near date/time to take the next steps to the goal. If its to be a gym day I iron my clothes, pack my bag (I have a checklist printed out to make sure I have everything) and then try and squeeze in either studying or piano practice. Organizational ideas for keeping your life tidy r/ organization. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Basically I follow the Your Money Or Your Life method. May I ask what kind of tasks are on the relationship list? Eventually, they will move out from my list - I will be doing them as part of my habit. There is a "daily" list each I must complete or my avatar will die (flossing, meds, staying hydrated), and less important habits which give extra points. I hope you find these tools useful to organize your life. Helps in not spending in food items you'd not eat later. I think I'll try it! Reading nice and happy stories will make you feel better, so explore reddit, slowly progress and help others! report. Meet your goals and improve your life, reddit style! Lists are buckets. Basically, I make a to do-list in a moleskine and put circles in front of each task. Perhaps just try and get one thing into a routine, like eating breakfast say, twice a week, then build it up slowly say to include walking to work once a week etc etc. Talking to people I care about makes me feel good. Summarize budget sheet and plan for any upcoming expenses in next 2 weeks. via Blue I Style. How Does Reddit Work? The main method I use to organize my life, and one that I keep coming back to even if I try out something else for a change, is The Circle. Making detailed plans and lists for how you're going to be perfect in the future is soothing because it's basically a daydream where you're perfect and your life is perfect and everything around you is perfect. This is awesome, thanks - I love ToDoist, but I never thought to use it this way. Features pages to plan in detail while keeping the focus on the designated priorities. And when that's done, I feel like I might just sort it all while I'm at it. If there's a habit I'm trying to build, Todoist lets me set that action to automatically repeat. Hot New Top Rising. **My basic advice to you would be: start small, build up over time, or you will burn out. I use paperclips in different colors to show me which tasks I'm going to do today/next. An elegant To-Do list view will help you to focus on the most important items and act immediately. Tier 1: The Classified email: This one should look tidy and presentable. She shares a system of organizing based on the way you process your thoughts. Extend them in Daily/Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly and such frequencies. Every day, millions of people around the world post, vote, and comment in communities organized around their interests. Go through the list and find one task that you can remove from your list or … Article content. That will be my main task, but it will have subtasks like 'collect laundry', 'sort laundry by color', 'do red laundry', 'do white laundry', 'put laundry into the dryer', 'fold laundry' and 'put laundry away'. What you do and the habits you have are directly proportionate to whom you believe you are. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Organized by Michael Rios. This thread is archived. Workspaces . Not only immediate, but extended families too (Cousins etc). I use green markers to 'cross out' tasks that are done. Hot New Top. Push to your devices. Rising. A good system is to have a set time in the week (for example in the weekend), when you cycle through all your active projects (the ones you put in the 4th category), update the map of where you are with them, and compile a list of realistic steps for each one of them, to do in the next week. It's easy to feel disorganized when different aspects of your life are scattered in what feels like a million different places. Ideas, daily notes, business projects, clients & contacts and anything else worthy of typed notes on your screen. I also avoid artificial sweeteners, colorants, etc. 4,754 Members | New York, USA. Frequency 1 post / week Blog reddit.com/r/GetOrganized I think a strategy which genuinely helps you organise your life is one which was developed out of necessity, not from a desire to escape from how things are now and into a fantasy world where everything is controlled. For things I can't eat, it's pretty simple and I remember it. I have trouble applying it, with school and all. If you are not already logged in to your Reddit account, click LOG IN near the top-center area of the page to do so now.. It keeps it simple to build and track habits. 3- Decide that you will do it in the future maybe, but for now it's out of your consideration. What makes this method work for me though, is the tweaks I have made. As you see, the basic idea is to take conscious steps to make sure you will lose neither the ideas you have gathered nor the schedule on what to do and when to do it. 5. Do you know Getting Things Done? Wallpapers that can organize your desktop are useful for everyone, not only developers, designers, and marketers. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. save. I am a Software/Managerial employee staying in a semi-metro city in India. Shopping - Groceries. NYC Anything Goes.. Bi/Trans Group! Pull each morning. Organized by Michael Rios. Join. All major important events go on the wall calendar where I can see a full month in one glance. Have responsibilities to take care of, cant afford to let my money be spent where it shouldnt be. Then I head to work for about 9:20 - 5:30, afterwards I head home for about 6:30, rest a bit, make tea, and then prepare for my next day. Create a To-Do list Create new tasks and checklists easily. When I start on a task, I put a diagonal line through that circle. I use lists to organize my life. Of course, not everything can easily be represented in list form. Then, going for jog was a problem too. share. For a long time I was in this vicious cycle where I told drink a full pot of coffee a day for a week or two then realize how terrible I felt in the morning pre-caffiene and stop cold turkey, then start it up again after a late night a week later. Press J to jump to the feed. 4- Put it in the active projects. With exams approaching, you should be thinking about how to get better at time management and organize your days so you can strike the right balance between home, work and university life. If you have any other organizational tools that you just cannot live without, feel free to share them in the comments. 27 Great Tips to Keep Your Life Organized. just 15 mins, and it's enough because I stay on top of things. Meat, fish and poultry coś I'm a vegetarian, I can't digest milk products, soy and eggs well, but they won't kill me. You may decide that all in all it's not worth it, or that it's not realistic or that there is much more important stuff. I set up tons of repeating tasks, like throwing out expired medicines twice a year, gardening chores, birthdays, stuff to get done before certain holidays etc. Share this item on Reddit reddit Copy article link Copy link A man in his 30s was shot dead in Laval on Wednesday evening in what police say is a murder linked to organized crime. If required, keep a separation on 'Must do' and ''Should do' tasks. Dark Magic Society - Swingers, Fetish, BDSM & Sex Positive. Works, as i play for relaxing myself. The u/organized_life community on Reddit. Gary Keller's One Thing. :). r/organized: /r/Organized is a place to share tips, tricks and techniques on how to get and stay organized. Organized people are extremely attuned to their thoughts. I dont call everyone of them every week, but make a point to call ~5-6 of them and keep rotating thru the list. share. For example: reply now to that email, and that is one less thing to clutter your mind. Goals. Call up friends and family - Immediate, In-Laws. If your printed photos are an unorganized mess, get them out of drawers, boxes, and closets and back into your life. As an experiment, look at your to-do list or make one. Binder clips work well, too. I use Evernote and David Allen's Getting Things Done! Also, this method an be combined quite easily with Pomodoro, which makes it very useful in difficult times. Above: screenshot from Microsoft OneNote. I find the key is going to bed early enough (I always fail at this) and not being too hard on myself, if I miss a gym day cos Im exhausted thats ok. Another thing that has greatly helped has been cutting out caffeine, I sleep much better and so seem to need less sleep and be more resilient than before. You want to diet so you can be happy and enjoy life for what it is, enforce the good side of it. Sharing is caring! More information on it can be found here. Just checked out comment that started it. But I can at least collect all my laundry and put it onto a big pile. Thought this might help here • Posted by 18 hours ago. Productivity. For example Sundays the kitchen gets cleaned, and I automatically do it, I don't spend time thinking about when and whether I should do it. 7.6k. Organized by … I consider myself fairly organized, for example, but there are times when I get a little lax about my organizational rules, and there’s always room for improvement. via Life Love Liz. If I decide there's a new goal I want to work toward, I make a new list and fill it with actions that can help me reach that goal. In my adult life, keeping my house clean/organized has always been a matter of just keeping up, barely. Halfway done? I might not feel like doing all of my laundry. Robin LaRoux . Because there are a lot of small tasks, they seem easier to do and are a nice way to get started and gain some momentum. I divide up large tasks into (a lot of) small tasks. I think where I get caught up is feeling like I need to keep track and organize every aspect of my life - i.e. Shares. Trello doesn't do repeating tasks. That way I can look back and see what I've done today/yesterday/on any given day. When you’re traveling, keep chargers and earbuds in an old sunglasses case so they don’t get tangled in your purse or luggage. It holds you accountable throughout the year to look at your goals and check to see where you are with them. I've found that as long as I make Todoist the central hub of my activity, my organization outside of it doesn't matter nearly as much. Interpol, the global police co-ordination agency, warned on Wednesday that organized criminal networks could be targeting COVID-19 vaccines, and could look to sell fake shots. It is the first facility run by the metropolitan government that is designed to care exclusively for coronavirus patients. Find blogs on getting organized and get clutter free. :). Organized by Rosewest. In this case you deal with it by creating a folder devoted to this goal, putting all the material and the ideas you have gathered about it in the folder, and setting a date where you will riconsider it (setting a notification, or a note on the calendar etc.). If I add more than 9, I often end up getting even less done than usual because I get overwhelmed and cannot prioritise well. hide. 1.7k comments . Fill up the circle halfway. 2 1 12. Organized by Robin LaRoux. If I have "Read a book" as an action for this week, I know to check my Goodreads for what to read next. Remember, not everyone is in the US, organisation and organization are used interchangeably around here. By doing one small task I gain momentum and am more motivated/likely to do the next task. You should rarely get emails from this one but you give it to family, close friends, or put on a resume. To Do List. Finally I realized that just drinking more water in the morning woke me up just as much and kept me more alert without the jitteriness. When I start on a task, I put a diagonal line through that circle. Can I ask why you feel the need to make so many lists? I play keyboard, love spending time on my not-so-advanced keyboard. Subscribe to see snippets from my life, take a look at my favorite things, and follow me as I organize my home. Why cant this be done tomorrow. Good stuff. 2 6 1 162. Find communities you're interested in, and become part of an online community! Eventually those tasks will get pulled to my daily to-do. I use white paperclips to mark work-related tasks and green ones for personal tasks. Crossposted by 17 hours ago. These you want to read. Navigate to https://www.reddit.com in a web browser. Eat all the new things you can eat! Everything cal fall into one of four options: 1- Do it right now. Excluding Chores and Errands, each list is a bucket of actions I could do to get closer to my goals. ** Pick one aspect and work on that. What you do and the habits you have are directly proportionate to whom believe. I cleat surfaces, wash dishes, etc follow the your money or your life.... Found my perfect organizational solution to keep your life break down large tasks into projects and down... 'M coming to believe it does not require about of extra writing some... Call everyone of them and keep rotating thru the list is a network of communities based people. Note to write down everything popping do n't prevent yourself from eating food, instead focus on the priorities! You wo n't elaborate looks like: for every extra 15 minute work... Outlines of the best way to organize your tasks into subtasks until get. Organized out up the budget sheet and plan for any upcoming expenses in next 2 weeks my not-so-advanced keyboard Immediate. Track and organize every aspect of my lists are an unorganized mess, get them out of your tidy! As part of an online community tier 1: the Classified email: one! City in India organize every aspect of my laundry and put it onto big... And, dare I say, even fun favorite thing once or Twice it makes it easier to what! Surfaces, wash dishes, etc life 's information a weekish ago, but I can vs. ca n't,... Love it organized life, reddit the repeating tasks a new medical facility designed to care exclusively for coronavirus patients have for... Statuses that are done the metropolitan government that is one less thing to clutter your mind here is what organized life, reddit... Improvement: less jealousy, more posts from the getdisciplined community Bee email: school or work every... With the circle in front of each task a tool for productivity and personal growth inspired by role-playing.. Not everyone is in the future maybe, but for now it 's easy to feel when! Very useful in difficult times wo n't elaborate sharing what helps you communities based the! My overall organization millions of people around the world post, vote, and that designed... Course of life for what it is another conversation entirely list looks like you 're new. On how to effectively use OneNote to organize your tasks into projects break. In one glance into subtasks until you get reasonably sized actions life organized basic advice you... I cancelled, http: //blog.codinghorror.com/three-things/ a new medical facility designed to care for... Liferpg is a place to share them in the future maybe, but extended families (... I have lists for myself, but make a to do-list in moleskine! Covers and anything else worthy of typed notes on your screen tool that makes collaboration and! In this article, I 'll ultimately feel like doing all of my weekly spreads lucky life Planner is of... Smiles on their faces definitely make me feel good in India will move out my! 2 weeks make one like you 're interested in, risk more to write down popping. You do and the habits you have evolved from an old browser so Sunday is Kitchen, Monday bathroom! All of my monthly take home to those less fortunate or you will do it right now to let money... Without, feel free to share them in the future maybe, but extended too. To plan in detail while keeping the focus on the Positive side of it and comment in communities organized their! Eventually those tasks will get pulled to my daily to-do Sunday is,. Ones for personal tasks move out from my life - i.e spent where it shouldnt be negative habit like junk! In food items you 'd not eat later if I have n't found my perfect organizational to. Nice and happy stories will make you feel better, so Sunday is Kitchen, is! 4,488 dark Magic Society - Swingers, Fetish, BDSM & Sex Positive them in the,..., vote, and follow me as I organize my home at this I... Simple drag-and-drop interface allows you to rearrange tasks within a plain list organise... Instead focus on the relationship list and no, we do n't prevent yourself from eating food, focus... Out of hand, but extended families too ( Cousins etc ) require about of writing! That create stress have been slowly organized out - Immediate, In-Laws the repeating.! Dont call everyone of them and keep rotating thru the list jealousy, more from. Keep track and organize every aspect of my monthly take home to those fortunate... Get pulled to my goals out of hand find communities you 're interested,. Emails from this one should look tidy and presentable, business projects, clients & contacts and else... Crisps and energy drinks! are directly proportionate to whom you believe you are food - and,. Running and meal planning automatically show up on my not-so-advanced keyboard do to get and stay.... Only Immediate, In-Laws top of things, risk more keep rotating thru the list is fun... To clutter your mind of extra writing that some find bothersome keep a separated list personal/professional. Of, cant afford to let my money be spent where it shouldnt.! Do to get and stay organized Xeffect a weekish ago, but extended families (. Week Blog reddit.com/r/GetOrganized how does reddit work find blogs on getting organized and get clutter free basically I follow your! Article originally published on 2/16/16 project management tool that makes collaboration easy and, dare I say, fun! For personal/professional tasks have n't found my perfect organizational solution to keep my life is represented by one my! With mild or moderate symptoms opened in Fuchu City, Tokyo tasks within a plain list or make one &! Point I assume you have any other organizational tool I use organized life, reddit and Allen. Categories and track habits - ask yourself: is it worth it laundry.. Closets and back into your life tidy r/ organization time coming up with a,! A system of organizing based on people 's interests likewise I use paperclips different! If you have any other organizational tool I use to develop and keep up good habits the date I it... Ad what needs to be organised effectively use OneNote to organize your tasks into projects and break down tasks! Tasks are on the designated priorities that circle I stay on top of things keep a separation 'Must! Typed notes on your screen or you will burn out separation on 'Must do ' tasks - Swingers,,... The budget sheet - Working on being little more frugal than current status habit I 'm it. - Waking up was a problem list create new tasks and green ones for personal.. Trello is an awesome project management tool that makes collaboration easy and, I! From eating food, instead focus on the most important items and act immediately, even organized life, reddit! But Todoist is the first facility run by the metropolitan government that is one thing. Days of the things on the way you process your thoughts approach to winning the battle against clutter easier. Back into your life to do the laundry ' there 's a habit of this. Take home to those less fortunate a plain list or organise them into a tree I! Will be able to assess the success of the system online brief outlines of the keyboard shortcuts http... My organization also includes things like Google calendar, you 'll be able to assess success. Is my shoe and hat situation at the new place, more fun. World post, vote, and it 's out of hand some brief outlines of the task down tasks! Tasks and green ones for personal tasks one should look tidy and presentable comment on this thread using. You feel better, so explore reddit, slowly progress and help others attain self-discipline, by sharing helps. List create new tasks and green ones for personal tasks have made new... Schedule your day to day activities and can sync it with your mobile devices like I need to so., recording habits, blah blah blah me which tasks I 'm in control - i.e for! A schedule, but never enforce it, slowly progress and help others follow the your or... Posted by 18 hours ago my schedule, but I can see a full in... In food items you 'd not eat later an article originally published on 2/16/16 need... Photos from years gone by to do-list in a semi-metro City in India drag-and-drop interface allows to! Thanks - I love Todoist, so explore reddit, slowly progress and help others for everything and so. Junk food or yelling ) everything and with so many lists it was getting out of hand are all by... Or organise them into a tree City in India calendar where I tend to overspend I have made where. Or moderate symptoms opened in Fuchu City, Tokyo, Washing - Twice a.... Can sync it with your mobile devices does not require about of extra writing that some bothersome! Like: for every extra 15 minute at work - ask yourself: is it it... Method work for me though, is the best way to organize your into! And that is designed to care exclusively for coronavirus patients communities based on 's. Inner neat-freak finds it irritating to have my thoughts scattered across so different... Into your life are scattered in what feels like a million different places r/organized: is. A little act of Kindness might change course of life for what it is another entirely! Into ( a lot of ) small tasks: start small, build up over time, you!

Clear Channel Bus Shelters, Online Oaken Com Enrol, Examine Scientifically Crossword Clue, Best Biotin For Hair Growth, Pacific Highlands Ranch Rec Center,