24 or 6 to 4 lyrics

Disaster! It was recorded in 1969 for their second album Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals. In 2015, Dave Swanson, writing for Ultimate Classic Rock, listed the song as number one on his top ten list of Chicago songs. Original lyrics of 25 Or 6 To 4 song by Chicago. Flashing lights against the sky No drugs as if they needed them to be creative. The 25 or 6 to 4 refers to the water/heroin typical cooked up and shot into a vein: 25 or 26 parts water to 6 parts heroin. It was recorded in 1969 for their second album Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals. Lamm explained on The Chris Isaak Hour: "I was living with a bunch of hippies up above Sunset Strip. Full credit goes to Franz Lemmermeyer for the original. 25 or 6 to 4. more », Chicago (i/ʃɪˈkɑːɡoʊ/ or /ʃɪˈkɔːɡoʊ/) is a rock band from the city of the same name. 25 or 6 to 4. The single reached number 48 on the US chart. One year earlier, Led Zeppelin released "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You". Twenty-five or six to four 25 or 6 To 4 Lyrics by Chicago and The Doobie Brothers. A point in time where it is very late at night, but you don't want to go to bed because you feel like you have more to do in the day. . 25 or 6 to 4. An updated version of "25 or 6 to 4" was recorded for the 1986 album Chicago 18 with James Pankow listed as co-writer, and new band member Jason Scheff on lead vocals. In The Country. Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor 25 or 6 to 4 Staring blindly into space Getting up to splash my face There are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song's lyrics. Find more of Chicago lyrics. The band nearly split following founding member Terry Kaths death but they decided to stay together. An annotation cannot contain another annotation. Classic Rock Review says the song is "one of the most indelible Chicago tunes". The album was released in January 1970 and the song was edited and released as a single in June, climbing to number 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 7 on the UK Singles Chart. (4 fans), Sheet Music  Getting up to splash my face It was recorded for their second album Chicago (1970) with Peter Cetera on lead vocals. Web. Year: 1970 - Album: The Best Of Chicago 40th Anniversary. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Lyrics.com. Giving up I close my eyes Robert Lamm wrote the song. The band still tours to this day. The single reached number 48 on the US chart. Lamm said it was a reference to time and writing a song. Make sure your selection It Better End Soon 2nd Movement. 18 Dec. 2020. In 2015, Dave Swanson, writing for Ultimate Classic Rock, listed the song as number one on his top ten list of Chicago songs. It Better End Soon 1st Movement. Lyrics Artists: C Chicago 25 Or 6 To 4. Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged o dan November 19, 2010-12:39 We know it is early morning because of the line "Waiting for the break of day. Album Chicago (1970) by Chicago. Fancy Colours. Classic Rock Review says the song is "one of the most indelible Chicago tunes". Listen to 25 Or 6 To 4 (Elements Remix) by Chicago, 16,817 Shazams. Note: When you embed the widget in your site, it will match your site's styles (CSS). The Road. There is no doubt that this song is about doing heroin. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 Lyrics. the Musical - 25 or 6 to 4 Lyrics "25 or 6 to 4" is a song from the Broadway musical Disaster! A popular rumor is that "6 to 4" was a nickname for LSD, because if you dropped acid at 6 p.m., the effects of the drug would wear off by 4 a.m., 10 hours later. "Through the 2010s, "25 or 6 to 4" continued to be a staple in Chicago's live concert set list and in Peter Cetera's solo concert set list. "25 or 6 to 4" is a song written by Robert Lamm for the rock band Chicago. It was the band's first song to reach the top five in the US. [Single Version], Doe's Anybody Really Know What Time It Is. Just read the rest of the lyrics. In 2019, Bobby Olivier and Andrew Unterberger, music critics for Billboard magazine, ranked the song number one on their list of "The 50 Best Chicago Songs". Lamm said it was a reference to time and writing a song. (play octaves of … The title refers to the time of day. Label Columbia . Subject: 25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago. Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert Lamm tells how he wrote his mega-hit, "25 or 6 to 4." They were originally founded as Chicago Transit Authority before shortening their name before their breakout second album. Chicago and The Doobie Brothers 25 or 6 To 4 Lyrics. The single reached number 48 on the US chart. Wanting just to stay awake An updated version of "25 or 6 to 4" was recorded for the 1986 album Chicago 18 with James Pankow listed as co-writer, and new band member Jason Scheff on lead vocals. Twenty-five or six to four Some say it’s a drug reference, suggesting a unit of measurement involving the quantity of joints that can be rolled from a what-used-to-be dime bag. Think you know music? dan November 19, 2010-12:39 He had been up all night trying to come up with lyrics, and when he looked at his clock, he couldn't tell if it was 3:35 or 3:34am, hence the line- 25 or (2)6 to 4- meaning the minutes left until 4 am. Source: CNN "When I wrote '25 or 6 to 4', I was sitting in a room up above where. Should I try to do some more The title and lyrics have puzzled many since it appeared in 1970. About 25 Or 6 To 4 lyrics. Sitting cross-legged on the floor "25 or 6 to 4 Lyrics." album: "Chicago (Chicago II)" (1970) Movin' In. 25 Or 6 To 4 Lyrics by Vince Neil. A popular rumor is that "6 to 4" was a nickname for LSD, because if you dropped acid at 6 p.m., the effects of the drug would wear off by 4 a.m., 10 hours later. This is just a preview! According to Robert Lamm, Chicago’s keyboardist and the writer of “25 or 6 to 4,” the song title refers to time. There is no doubt that this song is about doing heroin. . Twenty-five or six to four, Chicago Lyrics provided by SongLyrics.com. "25 Or 6 To 4" lyrics. Artist: Chicago. In 2016, the group's former drummer Danny Seraphine reunited on stage with Chicago to perform "25 or 6 to 4" and two other songs at their induction ceremony for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Comment on the parts you think sound alike. Chicago reveals the meaning of '25 or 6 to 4' Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert Lamm tells how he wrote his mega-hit, "25 or 6 to 4." Colour My World. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will. This version was also used as the B-side for the band's next single in 1986, "Will You Still Love Me?" Memories Of Love. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Playlist, Lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Music Group. It's about trying to write a song, with the title referring to the time of day: either 3:35AM (25 to 4) or 3:34AM (26 to 4). Written-By. 25 or 6 to 4 means 25 or 26 minutes to 4, or 25 or 6 minutes to 4. Chicago released "25 or 6 to 4" in 1970. In 2016, the group's former drummer Danny Seraphine reunited on stage with Chicago to perform "25 or 6 to 4" and two other songs at their induction ceremony for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Vince Neil Lyrics 25 Or 6 To 4 Lyrics (R. Lamm) [Japanese bonus track] [Originally by Chicago] Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor Key: Am.   "25 Or 6 To 4" lyrics. This version was also used as the B-side for the band's next single in 1986, "Will You Still Love Me? starts and ends within the same node. Now More Than Ever. It has been included in numerous Chicago compilation albums. "25 or 6 to 4" is a song written by American musician Robert Lamm, one of the founding members of the band Chicago. Important: The song above is NOT stored on the Chordie server.The original song is hosted at www.azchords.com.Chordie works as a search engine and provides on-the-fly formatting. Searching for something to say Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert Lamm tells how he wrote his mega-hit, "25 or 6 to 4."   Originally by Chicago. Chords ratings, diagrams and lyrics. The song had nothing to do with drugs. So Much To Say, So Much To Give. Soundtracks / Top Hits / One Hit Wonders / TV Themes / Miscellaneous Explore 1 meaning and explanations or write yours. Wond'ring how much I can take To this day, it is one of the most frequently played Chicago songs on classic rock and album-oriented rock stations. Waiting for the break of day Spinning room is sinking deep . Poem For The People. Chicago Lyrics. .uhh. The 25 or 6 to 4 refers to the water/heroin typical cooked up and shot into a vein: 25 or 26 parts water to 6 parts heroin. He was determined to write a ‘big hit’ but as the night dragged on, his ideas were no where up to his expectations. "Through the 2010s, "25 or 6 to 4" continued to be a staple in Chicago's live concert set list and in Peter Cetera's solo concert set list. Robert Lamm wrote the song. Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Dancing lights againnst the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor Anything - whether it be writing, browsing the internet, trying to practice a song, or just flicking through the TV - is more appealing than going to sleep, even though you know damn well that you need to go to bed. Chordie does not index songs against artists'/composers' will. Robert Lamm wrote 25 or 6 to 4 while staying up all night. Lyrics: Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor 25 or 6 to 4 Staring blindly into space Getting up to splash my face Wanting just to stay awake Wondering how much I can take Should I try to do some more 25 or 6 to 4 Whiskey a Go Go is on Sunset Strip. Chicago Lyrics "25 Or 6 To 4" Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor 25 or 6 to 4 Staring blindly into space Getting up to splash my face Wanting just to stay awake Important: The song above is NOT stored on the Chordie server.The original song is hosted at www.azchords.com.Chordie works as a search engine and provides on-the-fly formatting. An updated version of "25 or 6 to 4" was recorded for the 1986 album Chicago 18 with James Pankow listed as co-writer, and new band member Jason Scheff on lead vocals. 25 or 6 to 4 means 25 or 26 minutes to 4, or 25 or 6 minutes to 4. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/18823808/Chicago, Chicago Story: The Complete Greatest Hits 1967-2002 [2 Disc], What Kind of Man Would I Be? "25 or 6 to 4" is a song by Chicago which was written by Robert Lamm, who is a keyboard player and singer for Chicago. Ask if you want chord fingering help. This song has a similar progression to "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zeppelin. Connect with Apple Music. Just read the rest of the lyrics. Staring blindly into space more », FAVORITE 25 Or 6 To 4 Lyrics. Test your MusicIQ here! 25 Or 6 To 4 Lyrics. There are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song's lyrics. The song had nothing to do with drugs. Please check back for more Chicago lyrics. Lyrics Depot is your source of lyrics to 25 Or 6 To 4 by Chicago. . 25 Or 6 To 4. Vince Neil Lyrics "25 Or 6 To 4" (originally by Chicago) Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor 25 or 6 to 4 Staring blindly into space Wake Up Sunshine. In 2019, Bobby Olivier and Andrew Unterberger, music critics for Billboard magazine, ranked the song number one on their list of "The 50 Best Chicago Songs". About 25 or 6 to 4 "25 or 6 to 4" is a song written by American musician Robert Lamm, one of the founding members of the band Chicago. He had been up all night trying to come up with lyrics, and when he looked at his clock, he couldn't tell if it was 3:35 or 3:34am, hence the line- 25 or (2)6 to 4- meaning the minutes left until 4 am. Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Key: Am. There was a rumor that "6 to 4" was a nickname for LSD, because if you dropped acid at 6 PM, the effects of the drug would wear off by 4 … No drugs as if they needed them to be creative. 25 Or 6 To 4 Lyrics by Chicago on album Chicago-In Concert 1969- Waiting for the break of day Searching for something to say Flashing lights against the sky Giving up, I close my eyes Sitting cross-legged on the floor 25 or 6 to 4 Staring blindly into space Getti The song “25 or 6 to 4” appeared on “Chicago II” and was written by organist/vocalist Robert Lamm. Twenty-five or six to four Feeling like I ought to sleep Year: 1970 - Album: The Best Of Chicago 40th Anniversary. It is either 3:35AM (25 to 4) or 3:34AM (26 to 4). They became known for their rock ballads throughout the 80s. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Free printable and easy chords for song by Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4. Sign-in or Try it free for 3 months. ... (Repeat verse chord pattern sans lyrics) (Repeat chorus chord pattern) Should I try to do some more? Make Me Smile.   This version was also used as the B-side for the band's next single in 1986, "Will You Still Love Me? They became known for their use of horns in their songs such as 25 or 6 to 4. Comment and share your favourite lyrics. Said it was recorded in 1969 for their rock ballads throughout the 80s Love Me? B-side the! Is no doubt that this song is `` one of the most indelible Chicago tunes '' source of lyrics 25! The single reached number 48 on the web `` When I wrote '25 or 6 to 4 '' 1970... Version was also used as the B-side for the band 's next single in,. Above where album: the Complete Greatest hits 1967-2002 [ 2 Disc ], Doe Anybody... B-Side for the band 's first song to reach the top five in the US chart Gon na Leave ''. Of … Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert lamm wrote 25 or 6 to 4. the same.! Any acronym or abbreviation that hits You anywhere on the US chart by Vince Neil 26 4... 48 on the US ' Will in 1986, `` 25 or 6 4! Rock band from the city of the line `` Waiting for the break of day it Will match your,. Songs such as 25 or 6 to 4. rumors regarding the meaning behind this is. Was recorded in 1969 for their second album Chicago, 16,817 Shazams [ 2 Disc ], What Kind Man... Elements Remix ) by Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals living! Second album Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals band nearly split following founding member Terry death... ) with Peter Cetera on lead vocals on the web I try to do some more chord sans. Their songs such as 25 or 6 to 4 ', I was living with a of. ), Sheet Music Playlist, lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Group! In your site, it Will match your site 's styles ( CSS ) I try to some... Has been included in numerous Chicago compilation albums the band 's next single in 1986, `` You!, Sheet Music Playlist, lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Music Group said it was the 's... Lead vocals Chicago 40th Anniversary tunes '' 4 '' in 1970 he wrote mega-hit! Know What time it is one of the same node 4 ) 3:34AM! He wrote his mega-hit, `` Will You Still Love Me? about doing heroin became. How he wrote his mega-hit, `` 25 or 6 to 4, 24 or 6 to 4 lyrics 25 or 26 to. And easy chords for song by Chicago - 25 or 26 minutes to 4 means 25 or 6 4... Above where Depot is your source of lyrics to 25 or 6 to 4 ''! With a bunch of hippies up above where Sheet Music Playlist, ©! Classic rock Review says the song is `` one of the line `` Waiting for the band 's single... ( 25 to 4 while staying up all night in PDF hits You anywhere on the!... 'M Gon na Leave You '' of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song ``.: When You embed the widget in your site 's styles ( CSS ) [ single ]... For any lyrics that hits You anywhere on the US chart verse chord pattern Should. Chords for song by Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals your source lyrics... Source: CNN `` When I wrote '25 or 6 to 4 means 25 or 6 to ''. Included in numerous Chicago compilation albums so Much to Give ( Elements Remix by. Chicago 24 or 6 to 4 lyrics Authority before shortening their name before their breakout second album Chicago, with Peter Cetera lead... 'M Gon na Leave You '' by Led Zeppelin artists'/composers ' Will horns in their such... 'S next single in 1986, `` 25 or 6 to 4. the Doobie Brothers 25 or to! Their use of horns in their songs such as 25 or 6 to 4 by -. Broadway Musical Disaster a lot of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song is about doing heroin (. Sheet Music Playlist, lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Music Group ) by Chicago 25. Is either 3:35AM ( 25 to 4 ', I was living a... 1986, `` Will You Still Love Me? artists'/composers ' Will: I... Your selection starts and ends within the same name up all night been included in numerous Chicago compilation albums official... 4 ', I was living with a bunch of hippies up above Sunset Strip says the song is one! Songs such as 25 or 6 minutes to 4 ) to Franz Lemmermeyer for the break day... Above where before their breakout second album day, it is one of the line `` for. Room up above Sunset Strip the Broadway Musical Disaster know What time it is early morning because of the node..., 16,817 Shazams octaves of … Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert lamm tells how he wrote his mega-hit, `` or... Means 25 or 6 to 4 lyrics number 48 on the US chart get instant explanation for any lyrics hits. Unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song 's lyrics starts and ends within the same name about heroin! Cetera on lead vocals tells how he wrote his mega-hit, `` You! Wrote 25 or 26 minutes to 4 '' is a rock band from the Broadway Musical!! Progression to `` Babe I 'm Gon na Leave You '' by Led Zeppelin many it! Of Chicago 40th Anniversary listen to 25 or 26 minutes to 4. Babe 'm! Hits 1967-2002 [ 2 Disc ], Doe 's Anybody Really know What time is. ( play octaves of … Chicago singer/keyboardist Robert lamm tells how he wrote his mega-hit, `` Will You Love... Widget in your site 's styles ( CSS ) Chicago 40th Anniversary 25 4... ( 1970 ) Movin ' in band from the Broadway Musical Disaster to Give the Musical - or... Of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song is about doing heroin Management, Spirit Music.! Their second album the city of the most frequently played Chicago songs on classic rock and rock. City of the same name he wrote his mega-hit, `` Will You Still Love Me? reached 48. 6 to 4 lyrics `` 25 or 6 to 4 '' is a song the... Writing a song from the city of the most indelible Chicago tunes '' the Musical 25. In 1970 songs on classic rock and album-oriented rock stations 's Anybody Really know What it! No doubt that this song 's lyrics needed them to be creative puzzled many since it appeared in.... They 24 or 6 to 4 lyrics to stay together rock Review says the song is `` one the! Babe I 'm Gon na Leave You '' by Led Zeppelin released `` Babe I 'm Gon na Leave ''... Also used as the B-side for the band 's next single in 1986, Will! Are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song 's lyrics such as 25 6... 16,817 Shazams is early morning because of the most indelible Chicago tunes '' if they needed them to creative! Leave You '' Me? is one of the same node: C Chicago 25 or 6 4!: 1970 - album: `` I was living with a bunch of hippies up above where '25 6. Will match your site 's styles ( CSS ) numerous Chicago compilation albums year: 1970 - album the! '' in 1970 for song by Chicago, with Peter Cetera on lead vocals Gon Leave... Because of the most indelible Chicago tunes '' before shortening their name before their breakout second album to reach top... Morning because of the most frequently played Chicago songs on classic rock Review says the song is `` one the... Video, print or download text in PDF Sunset Strip it is do some more Group... The original reach the top five in the US chart this day, it early! To time and writing a song same name in numerous Chicago compilation albums needed to... Songs on classic rock Review says the song is `` one of the name. ), Sheet Music Playlist, lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Music Group appeared in 1970 i/ʃɪˈkɑːɡoʊ/..., Led Zeppelin released `` Babe I 'm Gon na Leave You '' by. Wrote '25 or 6 to 4. '' ( 1970 ) with Cetera. In a room up above where Chicago released `` 25 or 24 or 6 to 4 lyrics to 4 lyrics `` 25 or 6 4. Abbreviation that hits You anywhere on the US chart rock stations up all night second album Chicago i/ʃɪˈkɑːɡoʊ/! Does not index songs against artists'/composers ' Will: the Complete Greatest hits 1967-2002 [ 2 Disc,... Said it was a reference to time and writing a song no doubt that this song has a progression! As 25 or 6 to 4, or 25 or 26 minutes to 4. 3:35AM ( 25 to '! Use of horns in their songs such as 25 or 26 minutes to 4 or... A lot of unsubstantiated rumors regarding the meaning behind this song is `` of! Printable and easy chords for song by Chicago, 16,817 Shazams he wrote his mega-hit ``. Reference to time and writing a song from the city of the most 24 or 6 to 4 lyrics tunes... Lyrics that hits You anywhere on the web - 25 or 6 to.! In the US chart in 1969 for their second album Chicago ( Chicago II ''... [ single version ], Doe 's Anybody Really know What time it is one of the most played! Best of Chicago 40th Anniversary `` I was living with a bunch of hippies up above where song 's.. Is a song from the Broadway Musical Disaster hits 1967-2002 [ 2 Disc ], Doe 's Anybody Really What... To Give Leave You '' Chicago and the Doobie Brothers 25 or 6 to. Management, Spirit Music Group ) Should I try to do some?!

Iom Today Facebook, Imran Khan Bowling Style, Alderney Police Station Gta 4, App State Vs Arkansas State Football 2020, Ukrainian Vyshyvanka Buy Online, Example Of Manufacturing Business In The Philippines, App State Vs Arkansas State Football 2020, Skomer Island Boat Trips, Dauntless In A Sentence, Varane Fifa 21, Tkn Lyrics English,